The high performance, fully integrated long-range airborne laser scanner system RIEGL LMS-Q1560 is a cutting-edge tool for a variety of airborne surveying missions. The dual channel scanner makes use of powerful laser sources, Multiple-Time-Around (MTA) processing, echo digitization and waveform analysis. That allows operation at various flight altitudes and is therefore ideally suited for aerial survey of ultra wide areas as well as of complex urban environments.
The RIEGL LMS-Q1560 can be operated at a maximum pulse repetition rate of 800 kHz providing an effective measurement rate of 532,000 measurements on the ground, and operates at an altitude of up to 15,500 ft. Usually occurring range ambiguities at this measurement rate are automatically resolved by RIEGL’s multiple-time-around processing software RiMTA, handling more than 10 pulses in the air simultaneously. This enables the user to do effective flight planning even for difficult terrain, reducing the flying time significantly. The system allows the user to plan safe flights with sufficient clearance to terrain.
The RIEGL LMS-Q1560 comes with a unique and innovative forward/backward looking capability. This enables capturing data from multiple angles more effectively and more accurately at high point density, along with a 60 degree field of view (FOV).
- High laser pulse repetition rate up to 800 kHz
- Unrivaled scan pattern for best point spacing on the ground
- Innovative forward/backward looking capability
- Digitization electronics for full waveform data
- Single multifaceted polygon mirror for beam deflection
- Integrated multi-megapixel aerial medium format camera
- Integrated secondary camera (e.g. IR-camera)
- Integrated inertial navigation system and GNSS receiver
- Fiber coupled high speed data interface to single RIEGL Data Recorder
- High Altitude Wide Area Mapping
- Mapping of Complex Urban Environments
- Glacier & Snowfield Mapping
- Mapping of Lakesides & River Banks
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Corridor Mapping