The V-Line® Airborne Laser Scanner RIEGL VQ-480i provides high speed data acquisition using a narrow infrared laser beam and a fast line scanning mechanism. High-accuracy laser ranging is based on RIEGL´s unique echo digitization and online waveform processing, which allows achieving superior measurement results even under adverse atmospheric conditions, and the evaluation of multiple target echoes.
The scanning mechanism is based on a fast rotating multi-facet polygonal mirror, which provides fully linear, unidirectional and parallel scan lines.
The RIEGL VQ-480i is a very compact and lightweight scanner, mountable in any orientation and even under limited space conditions. The instrument needs only one power supply and provides line scan data via the integrated LAN-TCP/IP interface. The binary data stream can easily be decoded by user-designed software making use of the available software library RiVLib.
- High-accuracy ranging based on echo digitization and online waveform processing
- High laser repetition rate - fast data acquisition
- Multiple target capability - unlimited number of targets
- Perfectly linear scan lines
- Compact, rugged and lightweight design
- Electrical interfaces for GPS data string and Sync Pulse (1PPS)
- Mechanical interface for IMU mounting
- Integrated LAN-TCP/IP interface
- Corridor Mapping
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Target Classification
- Power Lines
- Archaeology & Cultural Heritage